Sunday, August 23, 2009

Heads or Tails

Well, school starts here on Tuesday. I don't think I will have the time to put together a neighborhood scavenger hunt for the kids. (Inspired by Lydon....tell him next summer.)
Instead I am going to take the kids on a penny walk tomorrow. Starting at the end of our driveway, we will flip a coin, heads = right, tails = left. The idea is to let the coin decide which direction you should take at every corner, intersection etc. I guess we could possibly be walking for a while, or we could end up turning right 4 times and be back home. We will see which way "the wind takes us." ( or in this case which way Mr. Lincoln takes us.) It would be fun to have 2 groups start out at the smae point and see which group returns first...

I have lots to tell you and show you. I will be posting again soon. Backyard movie night, E's 2nd birthday, first day of school, I just have to find the time......

No comments:

Post a Comment