Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Legos

I have decided that legos are my favorite toy for kids.  Chunky legos for small hands, tiny legos for bigger hands.  Lego people, lego games, lego video games, the lego website, the free lego magazine for kids.  Legos while not the cheapest toy around, have probably been used more often at this house than any other toy. (making them kind of a great investment.) I remember playing with my dad's legos from his kid days at my grandma's house.  The cool thing about "vintage" legos, is they will still work with the legos of today! I will get rid of a lot of toys in my life, but legos will be one I will keep around.  I love pulling the instructions out of the box and sorting the piles of pieces.  I love watching the model take shape. I HATE it when Noah tells me to back off because this is actually his toy.  I love telling the kids when they are bored to make something using every lego we have.  We have had some pretty creative creations. 

Warning: your own love affair with legos will have some ups and downs.  The downs happen at night when a nine year old who shall remain nameless leaves legos scattered on the path to the downstairs bathroom.

I found at Magical Moon Toys (one of my favorite places on earth) a few weeks ago candy legos! Huge hit!  While a little off topic from legos,... What is it with kids and gross candy? You know the candy I'm talking about right? The kind they sell in bottles with sucker nipples, ring-pops, that powder sugar stuff with the sugar stick to dip in the powder, nerds, runts, etc.  We live in a world with swiss chocolate, at the very least, a dove bar, but no, they go for the sugar, rolled in sugar, covered in sugar crystals, embedded in a sucker.

Back to candy legos...
taking shape
the finished project
Yum!

1 comment:

  1. We have a candy store in Twin that sell (i think) the candy legos. It's the cutest little store. I guess you'll have to come to Twin to check it out!

    ReplyDelete